The Many Paths Spiritual Care Team is a volunteer group of LGBTQ faith leaders first organized in January 2017. This multi-faith, multi-gender, multi-racial, multi-generational, multi-lingual team is available for loving support and presence at the National LGBTQ Task Force’s Creating Change conference. We are lesbian, gay, bisexual, two spirit, transgender, non-binary, and queer religious and spiritual leaders representing dozens of traditions, here to be with you however you need, no matter which—if any—path you claim. Contact a team member any time during the conference by texting 574-318-0724.
The Many Paths Gathering Space is a welcoming, dedicated space at Creating Change for spiritual practice, ritual, reflection, support, connection, and breathing space—available to conference goers of any or no spiritual path.
Spiritual Care Team Coordinators
- Rev. April Alford-Harkey: Chaplain, Episcopal deacon, and companion to ministry dog Sandy
- Rev. Marie Alford-Harkey: Queer Christian pastor with a heart for youth, young adults, and social justice
- Teo Drake: practicing Buddhist and yogi, blue-collar queer-identified trans man living with AIDS, heart-centered rabble-rouser
- Rev. Candy Holmes: Spiritual activist and healer with a justice-focused ministry perspective
- Zr. Alex Kapitan: lifelong Unitarian Universalist, queer non-binary young adult, lay minister, organizer, troublemaker
- Rev. Rosa Manriquez
- Raquel Saraswati
- Pastor Lynn Young: Native American Traditionalist/Christian, Two Spirit, ritualist, drummer, drum maker, rhythmic spirituality facilitator/practitioner, Christian Pastor, troublemaker